The County budget process begins in March of each year with the distribution of budget request worksheets and ends when the County Commissioners approve the budget. Below is a brief list of key dates.
- On or before May 1st of each year all budget requests must be submitted to the County Budget Officer.
- On or before May 15th the County Budget Officer presents a tentative budget to the County Commissioners.
- One week prior to the budget hearing, the County shall publish a summary of the proposed budget in the newspaper of general circulation.
- Budget hearing is held not earlier than the second Monday in July and not later than the third Monday in July.
- County Commissioners must approve a balanced budget within twenty-four hours of the budget hearing.
Sheridan County Budget Books are available in the Commissioner’s office for a cost of $15.00 per copy, or are free to download. A record of Sheridan County’s audits and financial compliance reports, and the most-recent budget book are available below.
To view the current budget: Budget Book 2017-2018
To view past year’s budgets, visit our Budget Archive.
To view Fiscal Year 2016 Annual Statement, click here.
To view past years audits, visit our Audits Archive.