The Sheridan County IT Department is a multifunctional department. The department is primarily responsible for upgrading, designing, and maintaining the entire county’s computer and networking infrastructure and other technology. It also manages and the county’s interactive mapping service.
The IT Department:
- Purchases, maintains, and installs the computer systems for all county departments.
- Administers, designs, and maintains the county’s computer network.
- In some cases provides training for computer software applications.
- Provides assistance with computer software applications.
- Assists county departments with installation of large and small scale software applications and databases.
- Maintains and provides the county’s interactive mapping framework.
- Creates custom applications in some cases to increase productivity for Sheridan County day to day operations.