Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (1332 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (1152 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (1652 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (1047 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (1224 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (873 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (752 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (980 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (345 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1041 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (718 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (1032 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (1577 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part A - Pipe Trench Systems (662 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part B - Pipe Bed Systems (815 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part C - Chamber Trench Systems (565 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part D - Chamber Bed Systems (539 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part E - Mounded Systems (661 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (665 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (1016 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.