Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (1827 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (1629 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (2368 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (1490 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (1703 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (1262 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (1037 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (1276 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (815 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1372 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (1218 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (1451 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (601 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part A - Pipe Trench Systems (318 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part B - Pipe Bed Systems (317 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part C - Chamber Trench Systems (254 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part D - Chamber Bed Systems (265 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part E - Mounded Systems (304 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (955 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (1414 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.