Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (1590 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (1407 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (2082 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (1298 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (1479 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (1077 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (897 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (1132 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (584 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1211 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (990 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (1259 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (372 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part A - Pipe Trench Systems (177 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part B - Pipe Bed Systems (181 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part C - Chamber Trench Systems (140 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part D - Chamber Bed Systems (142 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part E - Mounded Systems (156 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (812 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (1230 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.