Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (1415 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (1250 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (1804 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (1138 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (1311 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (937 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (807 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (1032 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (444 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1099 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (818 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (1110 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (121 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part A - Pipe Trench Systems (81 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part B - Pipe Bed Systems (77 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part C - Chamber Trench Systems (55 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part D - Chamber Bed Systems (56 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part E - Mounded Systems (65 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (721 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (1082 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.