Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (1933 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (1738 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (2505 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (1586 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (1802 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (1350 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (1094 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (1349 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (925 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1436 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (1363 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (1565 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (701 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part A - Pipe Trench Systems (383 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part B - Pipe Bed Systems (381 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part C - Chamber Trench Systems (301 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part D - Chamber Bed Systems (317 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part E - Mounded Systems (370 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (1014 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (1497 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.