Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (1497 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (1324 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (1936 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (1206 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (1391 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (1007 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (851 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (1075 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (507 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1159 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (903 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (1178 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (249 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part A - Pipe Trench Systems (135 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part B - Pipe Bed Systems (132 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part C - Chamber Trench Systems (103 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part D - Chamber Bed Systems (100 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part E - Mounded Systems (111 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (760 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (1159 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.