Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (1377 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (1198 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (1715 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (1094 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (1266 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (911 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (782 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (1005 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (400 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1070 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (774 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (1077 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (49 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part A - Pipe Trench Systems (39 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part B - Pipe Bed Systems (44 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part C - Chamber Trench Systems (26 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part D - Chamber Bed Systems (32 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part E - Mounded Systems (35 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (698 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (1060 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.