Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (2031 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (1827 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (2613 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (1652 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (1894 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (1423 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (1148 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (1404 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (1002 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1500 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (1471 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (1656 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (811 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part A - Pipe Trench Systems (447 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part B - Pipe Bed Systems (437 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part C - Chamber Trench Systems (347 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part D - Chamber Bed Systems (367 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part E - Mounded Systems (434 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (1063 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (1577 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.