Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (1679 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (1471 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (2169 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (1351 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (1549 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (1134 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (947 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (1187 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (676 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1267 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (1063 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (1321 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (452 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part A - Pipe Trench Systems (231 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part B - Pipe Bed Systems (232 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part C - Chamber Trench Systems (178 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part D - Chamber Bed Systems (182 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part E - Mounded Systems (214 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (857 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (1296 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.