Marriage License InformationAs of July 1, 2009, Marriage Licenses have an expiration date of one year from date of issuance. These licenses are valid in the State of Wyoming only.
Application must be signed by one party
- Bring a third party witness to sign the application
- License needs to be signed by both parties
- Both parties and witness must have photo identification
$30.00 fee (cash or check made payable to "County Clerk")
- No blood test is required.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age or possess written parental consent.
- Applicants under the age of 16 are prohibited from obtaining a license except by court order.
- The parties must know the following information:
- Mother's maiden name
- Mother's place of birth
- Father's place of birth
- (Note: If a former marriage ended in divorce or death, the date the marriage ended must be included on the application.)
- Link to Marriage License Information Sheet (pdf)
Last Marriage License is done by 4:30 pm
For a list of Magistrates provided to the County Clerk, click here. To determines fees, please call the applicable individual on the list.
Certified Copy of Marriage License
Written request that includes:
• Both parties names (and maiden name if applicable)
• Date of Marriage
• $5.00 fee (cash or check made payable to "County Clerk")
• Self-addressed, stamped, return envelope
Mail to: Sheridan County Clerk, Suite B2, 224 S. Main St., Sheridan, WY 82801