Marriage License InformationAs of July 1, 2009, Marriage Licenses have an expiration date of one year from date of issuance. These licenses are valid in the State of Wyoming only.
Applications must be signed by the parties and witnessed by a deputy clerk.
Must have photo identification
- No blood test is required.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age or possess written parental consent.
- Applicants under the age of 16 are prohibited from obtaining a license except by court order.
- The parties must know the following information:
- Mother's maiden name
- Mother's place of birth
- Father's place of birth
- (Note: If a former marriage ended in divorce or death, the date the marriage ended must be included on the application.)
- Link to groom's application for Marriage License (PDF)
For a list of Magistrates provided to the County Clerk, click here. To determines fees, please call the applicable individual on the list.
Certified Copy of Marriage License
Written request that includes:
• Bride's maiden name
• Groom's name
• Date of Marriage
• $5.00 fee (checks made payable to "County Clerk")
• Self-addressed, stamped, return envelope
Mail to: Sheridan County Clerk, Suite B2, 224 S. Main St., Sheridan, WY 82801