County Clerk & Recorder
Department Head Contacts:
Title Department - Kimberly Hein
- For questions pertaining to Motor Vehicle Titles, Mobile Homes, Ucc's, etc.
Recording Department - Sarah Myers
- For questions pertaining to Land Records, Marriage or Liquor Licenses, Notaries, etc.
The County Clerk processes, files and indexes papers pursuant to state law and local ordinance, maintains permanent records of all filed and recorded real property documents, records and subdivision maps. The County Clerk also serves as registrar of marriages.
Serves as Registrar of Voters with responsibility for maintaining the files of registered voters in the county, for conducting all statewide and countywide elections. The office maintains information on office holders and candidates as required by the Fair Political Practice Commission.
In addition, the County Clerk is responsible for the following:
- Land Records - maintains permanent records of all filed and recorded real property documents by metes and bounds. Link to Statement of Consideration form athttp://taxappeals.state.wy.us/FinalDraft.pdf.
- Licenses -
- liquor licenses
- marriage licenses
- Notary Public - For new or renewal Notary applications, please visit the Notary Division of the Wyoming Secretary of State's website - http://soswy.state.wy.us. Once the application has been processed, you may pick up the certification in the Clerk's office.
- Titles - Motor vehicles, motorcycles, ATV's, trailers, snow machines, boats, and mobile homes
- transfer of ownership
- duplicate titles
- Uniform Commercial Code -
- perfection of security interest
- release of security interests
- amend and continue security interests
- Index and file all federal state and city liens
To obtain a copy of a birth or death certificate, please contact the Wyoming Department of Health in Cheyenne, Wyoming at 307-777-7591 or http://www.health.wyo.gov/rfhd/vital_records/index.html
ONLINE RECORDS - Information about the Sheridan County iDoc site
Users must have a valid username and password to access the Document Search Site and pay an access fee. If you would like to register a username and password, please fill out and sign the application, include the access fee, and mail it to the Sheridan County Clerk and Recorder's office at the address found on the application.
iDoc Access Fees are as follows:
View & Print ONLY $25/month or $275/annually (includes one month free)
Full Access (.pdf & .tiff) $150/month or $1,650/annually (includes one month free)
If you have any questions, please call the Sheridan County Clerk & Recorder's office at (307) 674-2500.
Link for access to the iDoc website sign in page: https://idoc.csa-inc.net/SheridanWY/
Disclaimer: While all attempts are made to ensure the accuracy of information under our control and to correct any errors brought to our attention, no representation or guarantee can be made as to the accuracy of information presented on this site. Documents recorded after the validated date may not have the complete indexing or imaging appear on the daily update. All information should be independently verified. The complete electronic document indexing of all land records begins November 17, 2010. Starting on February 11, 2003, only deed records were scanned. Some random records dated older than 2003 can also be found. All records are available in books and hard copies for review in the Sheridan County Clerk and Recorder's office at 224 South Main, Suite B-2, Sheridan, WY.