The Sheridan County Buildings and Grounds Office provides all staff and Courthouse business clients with a physical environment that is safe, clean, attractive, pleasant and smoothly functioning.
At Buildings and Grounds, we:
- Assume responsibility for the comprehensive overall planning and scheduling of maintenance and repair requirements of the County Courthouse.
- Ensure that standards consistent with all applicable laws are maintained at a minimum.
- Organize and implement a program of preventive maintenance.
- Establish appropriate maintenance, grounds keeping, security, and custodial requirements for each county building and installation.
- Conduct periodic inspection of all county courthouse facilities to insure fire safety.
- Keep informed of the latest trends, developments, and products in the areas of maintenance, repair, upkeep and encourages innovation and experimentation as appropriate.
- Supervise and approve payment of all outside contractors performing non-engineered work for the county.
- Conduct a comprehensive and detailed cost analysis program of departmental expenditures as a basis governing annual forecast of expenditure requirements.
- Determine and establishes detailed specifications pertaining to supplies, materials, equipment, and local contract work.
- Perform other duties as directed by the County Commissioners.