The County budget process begins in March of each year with the distribution of budget request worksheets and ends when the County Commissioners approve the budget. Below is a brief list of key dates.
- On or before May 1st of each year all budget requests must be submitted to the County Budget Officer.
- On or before May 15th the County Budget Officer presents a tentative budget to the County Commissioners.
- One week prior to the budget hearing, the County shall publish a summary of the proposed budget in the newspaper of general circulation.
- Budget hearing is held not earlier than the second Monday in July and not later than the third Monday in July.
- County Commissioners must approve a balanced budget within twenty-four hours of the budget hearing.
Sheridan County Budget Books are available in the Commissioner’s office for a cost of $15.00 per copy, or are free to download. A record of Sheridan County’s audits and financial compliance reports, and the most-recent budget book are available below.
To view the current budget: Budget Book 2017-2018
To view past year’s budgets, visit our Budget Archive.
To view Fiscal Year 2016 Annual Statement, click here.
To view Fiscal Year 2017 Audit, click here.
To view past years audits, visit our Audits Archive.