Thank you for visiting the Sheridan County Employment Opportunities page.
Open Position: Fair Manager/Facilities Director
Department: Fair, Sheridan County
Reports: Fair Association Board
Salary Range: $60,952.00 to $65,638.00 Grade 21,D.O.E.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for managing the operations and maintenance of the Sheridan County Fairgrounds.
Benefits: Medical insurance and prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, eyecare insurance, term life insurance, Wyoming Retirement Program, vacation and sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Recruits, develops, schedules and produces event programming.
- Assists the maintenance crew with outside work and activities including cleaning and prepping various buildings and grounds, helping with grounds maintenance, cleaning stalls after events, painting, and any items related to making sure the facility is as presentable as possible thereby cultivating productivity within the team.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels for fairground events.
- Directs the maintenance of fairground facilities.
- Develops and administers annual budgets.
- Hires, trains, schedules, assigns, directs, supervises, evaluates and disciplines personnel.
- Maintains financial and other records.
- Manages capital improvement projects.
- Schedules meetings and prepares agendas for Board meetings; presents financial statements to Board.
- Maintains fairground website.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of building and grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge of event production techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of budgeting practices.
- Knowledge of public relations principles.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in the supervision of personnel.
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require three to five years of related experience.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Wyoming for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Position closes 09/26/2022 at 5pm.
For additional information please contact Human Resources, Sheridan County at 307-675-2912.
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources 224 South Main Street STE B-1, Sheridan WY 82801
Sheridan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sheridan County Attorney Office
Job Title: Legal Secretary/Admin. Assistant, Full-Time
Salary Range: $37,197.38 to $39,080.50 annual, DOE
Benefits: Medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vison insurance, term life insurance, Wyoming Retirement Program, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays.
Summary: Provides clerical support to attorneys in the office of the Sheridan County Attorney and Prosecuting Attorney.
Position Duties: Creation and maintenance of case file records, data entry into digital case management system, preparation of discovery documents, copying and handling of digital information, intake and receipt of investigative reports and materials, typing, file documents with the appropriate court and maintain records of all filings, correspondence, and responses, preparation and assistance in preparing trial and other hearing exhibits, receptionist services; communication in person, by phone, fax or email, with members of the public, law enforcement and other governmental entities, private agencies and courts, federal, state (including states other than Wyoming) and local on official business, performs a variety of office and general secretarial tasks, such as copying, opening and distributing mail, mailing forms and reports, filing, and general record keeping
Minimum Job Requirements: High School diploma or general education, two years of clerical experience in a legal setting preferred and an appreciation of the obligations inherent in matters of legal confidentiality.
To apply send a letter of interest and resume to; Human Resources, 224 S. Main St, Ste B-1, Sheridan, WY 82801 or email@example.com
Sheridan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office
Job Title: Detention Deputy
Position Summary: The Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office is hiring for the position of detention deputy. We offer a competitive step and grade pay scale, and a very comprehensive benefit package that includes affordable health insurance, vacation, sick leave and participation in the statewide retirement system.
Job duties include inmate supervision, inmate transport, inmate booking and maintaining safety and security within the facility. Further inquiries may be directed to the Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office at 672-3455 or 672-5623.
To apply for this position, please email a completed Job Application with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be printed and delivered to: Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office, 54 W. 13th Street, Sheridan, WY 82801.
The Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer and the detention deputy position requires a thorough background check.