Thank you for visiting the Sheridan County Employment Opportunities page. Sheridan County is an equal opportunity employer.
Sheridan County Road and Bridge Division
Job Title: District Operator
Salary: $38,988.89 annual
Benefits: Medical insurance and prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, term life insurance, Wyoming Retirement Program, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays.
Hours of work: 6:00AM to 5:00 PM, Monday-Thursday.
Description: This position is responsible for the maintenance of county roads and bridges in an assigned district.
- Operates and maintains assigned heavy equipment, including motor grader, backhoe, etc.
- Maintains gravel roads by linear grading to remove potholes and washboards.
- Performs dirt work to realign roads and prepare for gravel.
- Plows snow from roads to provide a safe travel surface.
- On weekend standby for snow removal, flooding, washouts, fire, etc.
- Builds firebreaks during wild land fire suppression activities.
- Applies asphalt blade patch on paved roads.
- Inspects roads in assigned district and formulates plans to correct shortcomings.
- Installs and cleans, culverts and barrow ditch to improve drainage
- Places rip-rap along stream edges and near bridges to prevent erosion.
- Schedules and performs equipment service and maintenance.
- Transports equipment to and from work sites; hauls gravel and other materials.
- Inspects roads for damaged or missing traffic signs; replaces as necessary.
- Maintains fencing & snow Fence.
- Brush & Tree cutting and chipping.
- Guardrail maintenance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDE AND SKILS REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and equipment used maintenance and construction.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of gravel.
- Knowledge of equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of County geography.
- Skill in identifying problems and developing solutions.
- Skill in establishing cooperative and productive working relationships.
- Skill in the establishment of proper grades.
Candidate will have Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education. Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years. Have the possession of a CDL, or the ability to obtain one. Valid driver license issued by the State of Wyoming for the type of vehicle or equipment to be operated within 6 weeks of employment. EOE
***Sheridan County will provide additional training, as needed, to meet the requirements of the position.
Employment will be subject to a drug screen and background check.
***Applications/Resumes will be accepted through 11/29/2019 by 5pm.
Sheridan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for position at: (Provide a resume and cover letter) email@example.com
Mail to: Human Resources Coordinator
224 S. Main St. STE B-1
Sheridan, WY 82801
Sheridan County Attorney Office
Job Title: Legal Secretary/Admin. Assistant, Full-Time
Salary Range: $33,000.00 to $36,205.00 annual DOE
Summary: Provides clerical support to attorneys in the office of the Sheridan County Attorney and Prosecuting Attorney.
Position Duties: Creation and maintenance of case file records, data entry into digital case management system, preparation of discovery documents, copying and handling of digital information, intake and receipt of investigative reports and materials, typing, file documents with the appropriate court and maintain records of all filings, correspondence, and responses, preparation and assistance in preparing trial and other hearing exhibits, receptionist services; communication in person, by phone, fax or email, with members of the public, law enforcement and other governmental entities, private agencies and courts, federal, state (including states other than Wyoming) and local on official business, performs a variety of office and general secretarial tasks, such as copying, opening and distributing mail, mailing forms and reports, filing, and general record keeping
Minimum Job Requirements: High School diploma or general education, two years of clerical experience in a legal setting preferred and an appreciation of the obligations inherent in matters of legal confidentiality.
To apply send a letter of interest and resume to; Kenny Custis, Human Resources Coordinator, 224 S. Main St, Ste B-2, Sheridan, WY 82801 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sheridan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office
Job Title: Detention Deputy
Position Summary: The Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office is hiring for the position of detention deputy. We offer a competitive step and grade pay scale, and a very comprehensive benefit package that includes affordable health insurance, vacation, sick leave and participation in the statewide retirement system.
Job duties include inmate supervision, inmate transport, inmate booking and maintaining safety and security within the facility. Further inquiries may be directed to the Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office at 672-3455 or 672-5623.
To apply for this position, please email a completed Job Application with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications can also be printed and delivered to: Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office, 54 W. 13th Street, Sheridan, WY 82801.
The Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer and the detention deputy position requires a thorough background check.