Thank you for visiting the Sheridan County Employment Opportunities page.
Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office
Open Position: Sheriff Maintenance Worker, Full-Time
Rate of Pay: $37,110.00 to $40,926.00 DOE, Grade 14
Benefits: Wyoming Retirement System, Health Ins, Dental Ins, Life Ins, Vacation and Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
Position Description: This position participates in the maintenance of the County Detention Center.
- Diagnoses and repairs electronic security system malfunctions.
- Maintains, adjusts, and replaces locks.
- Repairs plumbing systems.
- Maintains sliding cell doors.
- Maintains maintenance log.
- Replaces night lights/bulbs throughout the facility.
- Cleans and disinfects.
- Paints interior and exterior surfaces.
- Purchases necessary tools and supplies.
- Maintains kitchen equipment.
- Coordinates, supervises and requests bids from outside contractors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of building maintenance.
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, construction, and mechanical repair and maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of detention center maintenance procedures.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Wyoming for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
For additional information please contact Human Resources at 307-675-2912.
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: email@example.com or 224 South Main St Suite B-1, Sheridan WY 82801
This position will remain open until April 3, 2020 at 5pm
Job Title: Detention Deputy
Position Summary: The Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office is hiring for the position of detention deputy. We offer a competitive step and grade pay scale, and a very comprehensive benefit package that includes affordable health insurance, vacation, sick leave and participation in the statewide retirement system.
Job duties include inmate supervision, inmate transport, inmate booking and maintaining safety and security within the facility. Further inquiries may be directed to the Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office at 672-3455 or 672-5623.
To apply for this position, please email a completed Job Application with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be printed and delivered to: Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office, 54 W. 13th Street, Sheridan, WY 82801.
The Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer and the detention deputy position requires a thorough background check.