Thank you for visiting the Sheridan County Employment Opportunities page.
Sheridan County Treasurer, Deputy Clerk Treasurer
Job Title: Deputy Clerk, Part-Time, 18 Hours Per Week
Hourly Rate: $14.65 An Hour
JOB SUMMARY: This position performs administrative and financial accounting duties in support of county government operations.
- Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance.
- Renews license plates; collects sales tax; collects property taxes.
- Balances cash drawer daily.
- Stocks license plates.
- Makes daily deposits.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Sends current-year tax file to mortgage companies.
- Assists in coordinating the annual tax sale.
- Balances tax roll.
- Processes state remittances.
- Maintains office supply inventory; oversees the maintenance of office equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge of governmental accounting and budgeting principles.
- Knowledge of modern office practices.
- Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Knowledge of the proper handling and management of cash.
- Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
- Skill in performing mathematical calculations.
- Skill in operating computers and other standard office equipment.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Ability to be bonded.
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Mailing Address: Human Resources, 224 S. Main St. STE B-1, Sheridan WY 82801
For additional information please contact Kenny Custis, Human Resources Coordinator at 307-675-2912.
Resumes will be accepted through – Open until filled.
Sheridan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office
Job Title: Detention Deputy
Position Summary: The Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office is hiring for the position of detention deputy. We offer a competitive step and grade pay scale, and a very comprehensive benefit package that includes affordable health insurance, vacation, sick leave and participation in the statewide retirement system.
Job duties include inmate supervision, inmate transport, inmate booking and maintaining safety and security within the facility. Further inquiries may be directed to the Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office at 672-3455 or 672-5623.
To apply for this position, please email a completed Job Application with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications can also be printed and delivered to: Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office, 54 W. 13th Street, Sheridan, WY 82801.
The Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer and the detention deputy position requires a thorough background check.