Thank you for visiting the Sheridan County Employment Opportunities page.
Sheridan County Treasurer, Deputy Clerk
Job Title: Deputy Clerk, Full-Time, 40hrs per week
Salary: $30,458.00 Annually
Benefits: Medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, term life insurance, Wyoming Retirement Program, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays.
JOB SUMMARY: This position performs administrative and financial accounting duties in support of County Treasurer operations.
- Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance.
- Renews license plates; collects sales tax; collects property taxes.
- Balances cash drawer daily.
- Stocks license plates.
- Makes daily deposits.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Sends current-year tax file to mortgage companies.
- Assists in coordinating the annual tax sale.
- Balances tax roll.
- Processes state remittances.
- Maintains office supply inventory; oversees the maintenance of office equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting and budgeting principles.
- Knowledge of development and use of excel spread sheets
- Knowledge of computer software programs: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft suite including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Knowledge of the proper handling and management of cash.
- Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
- Skill in performing mathematical calculations.
- Skill in operating computers and other standard office equipment.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Mailing Address: Human Resources, 224 S. Main St. STE B-1, Sheridan WY 82801
For additional information contact Human Resources at 307-675-2912.
Resumes will be accepted through August 21, 2020 at 5pm
Sheridan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sheridan County Clerk and Recorder
Job Title Position: Deputy County Clerk I / Part-Time, 25 – 29 hours a week
Hourly Rate: $14.64 an hour
Position Summary: This position performs administrative and clerical duties in support of the operations of the County Clerk and Records office.
Workday and Hours: 5Days/Week 10:00am to 3:00pm; approximately
Benefits: Wyoming Retirement Program, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
Minimum Job Requirements: High School Diploma or GED. Those with experience in Land Title Records, Legal Descriptions, Balancing Books, Financings, Vehicle Title Work, and/or Elections work are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled. To apply submit a letter of interest, current resume and three work related references to Human Recourse at firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources , 224 S Main, Suite B-1, Sheridan, WY 82801. To review full job description click on the full description link.
Sheridan County, Buildings & Grounds
Job Title: Contract COVID 19 Building Service Worker
Salary: $10.00 Hour, Contract, Temporary
Position Summary: Hours of work are primarily from 8:00AM to 5:00 PM (flexible as needed), Monday-Friday. Position performs custodial work in the cleaning and disinfecting of county buildings. The primary role of this position is to clean high traffic surface areas of the courthouse to decrease the potential risks related to the COVID 19 virus. Prepares rooms for court, meetings, and events. Other duties as assigned. Previous cleaning/janitorial experience preferred.
Submit resume and cover letter on line to email@example.com or send to Human Resources Coordinator, 224 S Main St, STE B-1, Sheridan, WY 82801.
Sheridan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office
Job Title: Detention Deputy
Position Summary: The Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office is hiring for the position of detention deputy. We offer a competitive step and grade pay scale, and a very comprehensive benefit package that includes affordable health insurance, vacation, sick leave and participation in the statewide retirement system.
Job duties include inmate supervision, inmate transport, inmate booking and maintaining safety and security within the facility. Further inquiries may be directed to the Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office at 672-3455 or 672-5623.
To apply for this position, please email a completed Job Application with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be printed and delivered to: Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office, 54 W. 13th Street, Sheridan, WY 82801.
The Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer and the detention deputy position requires a thorough background check.