A person may register to vote not less than fourteen (14) before an election, or at a primary or general election. Qualified voters can register and vote at the polls on election day provided they satisfy the following qualifications:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be 18 years of age on election day.
- Must be a resident of Sheridan County and resident of the precinct for which you register.
- Must not be registered to vote in any other jurisdiction unless you complete a voter registration withdrawal form.
- Not currently adjudicated mentally incompetent.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony, or if convicted you must have had your civil rights restored.
- A PERSON REGISTERING TO VOTE SHALL PRESENT ACCEPTABLE IDENTIFICATION AND SIGN HIS/HER LEGAL NAME IN FULL ON THE REGISTRATION OATH FORM IN THE PRESENCE OF A REGISTRY AGENT.