The Sheridan County IT Department is a multifunctional department. The department is primarily responsible for upgrading, designing, and maintaining the entire county’s computer and networking infrastructure and other technology.
The IT Department:
- Purchases, maintains, and installs the computer systems for all county departments.
- Administers, designs, and maintains the county’s computer network.
- In some cases provides training for computer software applications.
- Provides assistance with computer software applications.
- Assists county departments with installation of large and small scale software applications and databases.
- Maintains and provides the county’s interactive mapping framework.
- Creates custom applications in some cases to increase productivity for Sheridan County day to day operations.