The Sheridan County Justice Office provides probation services for Municipal, Circuit, and CHINS/Truancy through Juvenile Court. Juvenile and Adult Drug Court are additional programs provided through this office.
Development And Responsibilities Of Juvenile Justice
- In 1995 a Juvenile Justice Commission was established in Sheridan County to develop juvenile justice programs for the youth of the area and the criminal justice system.
- In 1996 compliance was established with the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act of 1974.
- In 1998 Juvenile Justice Joint Powers established and creation of the Sheridan County Justice Office
- In 1998 Adult Drug Court established followed by Juvenile Drug Court in 1999.
- In Services provided: Juvenile Probation, Juvenile Diversion, Truancy Probation, Adult Drug Court, Juvenile Drug Court, Community Service Supervision.
- We provide alternatives to detention through community supervision (probation), and maintain contracts for electronic monitoring, 48 hour hold, and youth home.
- We maintain contract with secure Detention Center.
Juvenile Justice Commission Joint Powers Board
Meeting and member information for the Juvenile Justice Commission Joint Powers Board is available on the board page.