Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (3198 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (3631 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (4631 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (2964 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (3251 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (2555 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (2276 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Commercial Solar Energy Permits (220 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (3175 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (2476 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (3319 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations – Flood Plain Management (1921 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (3053 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (628 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (1912 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (2948 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.