Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (2036 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (1831 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (2616 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (1654 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (1896 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (1426 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (1149 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (1406 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (1004 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1501 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (1478 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (1658 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (816 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part A - Pipe Trench Systems (448 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part B - Pipe Bed Systems (439 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part C - Chamber Trench Systems (347 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part D - Chamber Bed Systems (368 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part E - Mounded Systems (435 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (1065 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (1579 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.