Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (1926 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (1732 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (2496 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (1581 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (1797 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (1345 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (1093 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (1344 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (916 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1432 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (1356 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (1559 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (697 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part A - Pipe Trench Systems (379 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part B - Pipe Bed Systems (376 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part C - Chamber Trench Systems (299 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part D - Chamber Bed Systems (316 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part E - Mounded Systems (368 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (1012 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (1491 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.