Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (2121 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (1940 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (2736 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (1719 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (1986 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (1491 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (1194 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (1455 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (1086 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1552 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (1583 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (1742 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (1112 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (1664 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.