Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (2297 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (2165 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (2936 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (1866 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (2173 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (1641 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (1311 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (1594 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (1262 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1690 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (1791 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (1905 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (1118 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part A - Pipe Trench Systems (632 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part B - Pipe Bed Systems (634 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part C - Chamber Trench Systems (503 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part D - Chamber Bed Systems (524 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part E - Mounded Systems (604 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (1240 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (1840 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.