Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (2489 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (2366 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (3206 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (2018 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (2360 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (1779 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (1430 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (1726 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (1502 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1831 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (1998 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (2073 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (1330 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part A - Pipe Trench Systems (736 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part B - Pipe Bed Systems (756 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part C - Chamber Trench Systems (611 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part D - Chamber Bed Systems (593 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part E - Mounded Systems (695 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (1348 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (2014 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.