Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (2395 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (2270 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (3058 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (1946 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (2272 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (1714 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (1380 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (1659 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (1377 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1768 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (1896 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (1985 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (1203 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part A - Pipe Trench Systems (690 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part B - Pipe Bed Systems (703 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part C - Chamber Trench Systems (559 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part D - Chamber Bed Systems (563 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part E - Mounded Systems (662 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (1297 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (1930 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.