Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (3599 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (4292 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (725 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (3473 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (3697 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (145 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (2516 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Commercial Solar Energy Permits (85 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (672 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (2847 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (646 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations – Flood Plain Management (2193 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (3670 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (1690 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (2247 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (3388 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.