Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (2575 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (2471 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (3323 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (2087 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (2451 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (1849 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (1473 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (1793 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (1610 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1910 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (2103 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (2147 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (1455 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part A - Pipe Trench Systems (781 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part B - Pipe Bed Systems (805 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part C - Chamber Trench Systems (669 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part D - Chamber Bed Systems (630 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part E - Mounded Systems (741 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (1388 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (2091 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.