Prior to construction, reconstruction, alteration,or change of use of a structure or lot, a zoning permit must be obtained. Certain uses are exempt from the zoning permit. Contact the Public Works department to find out if you are exempt.
If you build without a permit, an additional inspection fee will be assessed.
Forms and Information for Building in the County
These forms are available online for your convenience, but may not contain all of the information necessary to complete an application. You are advised to contact the County Public Works Department before filing.
NOTICE: If any part of the preprinted text of a form is modified, deleted or added to, the form is no longer valid to be submitted.
- Approved Septic Tanks (1821 downloads)
- Building Code Enforcement Area Map (1620 downloads)
- Building Permit Application (2354 downloads)
- Building Permit Plan Submittal Requirements (1479 downloads)
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria (Snow Loads) (1698 downloads)
- Driveway Permit Application (1256 downloads)
- Flood Hazard Standards (1030 downloads)
- Flood Plain Development Permit (1271 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Division of Land (810 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Small Wastewater Facilities (Septic) (1367 downloads)
- Rules and Regulations - Zoning (1213 downloads)
- Rules Relating to Building Standards (1443 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application (595 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part A - Pipe Trench Systems (315 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part B - Pipe Bed Systems (311 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part C - Chamber Trench Systems (250 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part D - Chamber Bed Systems (262 downloads)
- Septic Permit Application Part E - Mounded Systems (298 downloads)
- Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule (949 downloads)
- Zoning Permit Application (1403 downloads)
For clarification on any of the above mentioned policies and resolutions, we advise that you contact the Public Works Department for additional information.