Required Permits

Permits as listed may be required for the following activities in Sheridan County:

  • Building Permit & Zoning Permit: Construction of any new building, or addition to, or change of use of existing building.
  • Driveway Permit Application Change or construction of any driveway accessing a County Road.
  • Septic Permit: Construction of a new or replacement septic system, including a partial replacement. Permits, information and forms available on the Septic System Information page.
  • Flood Plain Program Development Permit: Any activity within the County designated flood plain areas.

All permits issued by Sheridan county are subject to a fee per the Sheridan County Land Use Fee Schedule. Permits issued after the activity has commenced will be subject to an additional inspection fee. If you are unsure if a permit is required, please contact the Public Works Department or stop by the County Courthouse at 224 S. Main St., 4th Floor.