Applications and instruction for new Concealed Weapons Permits or renewals may be obtained from the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigations website at: http://wyomingdci.wyo.gov/home.
The state fees, in the form of a money order or cashier’s check only, made out to “DCI” or “WY Attorney General’s Office” are as follows:
- New Applications – $64.00
- Renewal Applications before the expiration date – $45.00
- Renewal Applications after the expiration date – $55.00
- Duplicate permit application – $5.00
DCI does not accept cash, credit card or personal checks.
In addition to the State fees, the Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office fees are as follows:
- New Applications – $15.00 for processing, fingerprints, & notary.
- Renewal Applications – $5.00 for processing.
The Sheriff’s Office accepts cash only for these fees
Concealed Weapon Permits are valid for a period of 5 years, and can be renewed an unlimited number of times.
In order to apply for a CWP, you must provide a copy of your Hunter’s Safety Certificate, DD-214 from the Military, or another proof of firearm proficiency. You will also need your driver’s license and will have to be fingerprinted for your application. Fingerprinting is done on Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30am to 12:00pm at the Sheriff’s Office.
If you require more information about Concealed Weapon Permits, please call the Sheriff’s Office at 672-3455 or stop by the office.