Applications and instruction for new Concealed Weapons Permits or renewals may be obtained from the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigations website at: http://wyomingdci.wyo.gov.
The state fees, in the form of a money order or cashier’s check only, made out to “DCI” or “WY Attorney General’s Office” are as follows:
- New Applications – $64.00
- Renewal Applications before the expiration date – $45.00
- Renewal Applications after the expiration date – $55.00
- Duplicate permit application – $5.00
DCI does not accept cash, credit card or personal checks.
In addition to the State fees, the Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office fees are as follows:
- New Applications – $15.00 for processing, fingerprints, & notary.
- Renewal Applications – $5.00 for processing.
The Sheriff’s Office accepts cash only for these fees
Concealed Weapon Permits are valid for a period of 5 years, and can be renewed an unlimited number of times.
In order to apply for a CWP, you must provide a copy of your Hunter’s Safety Certificate, DD-214 from the Military, or another proof of firearm proficiency. You will also need your driver’s license and will have to be fingerprinted for your application. Fingerprinting is done Monday – Friday, by appointment only. Please call (307)672-3455 to schedule.
If you require more information about Concealed Weapon Permits, please call the Sheriff’s Office at 672-3455 or stop by the office.