Attention Story Residents
The Sheridan County Fuels Mitigation Program is offering financial assistance for clean-up to property owners in Story who suffered tree damage resulting from the wind event that occurred on November 16, 2021. Property owners may be reimbursed for expenses incurred up to a maximum of $500.00 if they present an invoice and proof of payment from a legitimate contractor for professional services, to remove tree debris resulting from the wind event from their property. This offer is on a first come, first served basis and is for a limited time only, subject to funds availability. Property owners seeking reimbursement must adhere to the following criteria:
- Reimbursements will be made only to the owner of the property listed on the invoice.
- Reimbursable activities are limited to the clean-up and removal of damaged or fallen trees and associated vegetative debris resulting from the wind event on November 16, 2021.
- The property owner must provide an invoice or receipt with the following information on it:
a. Landowner’s and Contractor’s name
b. Property address
c. Dates the work occurred and was completed
d. Scope of work (what was done by the contractor)
e. Amount paid to Contractor
f. Proof of payment (copy of check). If paid in cash, contractor writes “paid cash in full” on the invoice or receipt.
g. Receipt is signed and dated by the landowner and the contractor.
- Mail the original signed invoice/receipt and proof of payment to:
Sheridan County, Wyoming
Attn: Renee’ Obermueller
224 S. Main Street, Ste. B-1
Sheridan, WY 82801
A 20-yard dumpster has been placed at the Story Park for residents to deposit vegetative debris as
well. Once again, this is for a limited time only. The following rules for the dumpster apply:
1) Only vegetative material such as tree/shrub limbs, grass clippings, needles, cones, and leaves are
permitted in the dumpster – Absolutely no construction materials or household trash allowed!
2) Material up to but no greater than 8” in diameter is permitted.
3) Please remove and take your trash bags with you!
4) No parking in front of dumpster.
5) NO COMMERCIAL DUMPING!!! Contractors may not use this dumpster.
Contact Paul Wright, Fuels Mitigation Coordinator, at 307-683-3370 if you have questions.