The Board of County Commissioners is offering three (3) $1,000 scholarships ($500 per semester) available to all 2020 Sheridan County high school graduates for use at the University of WY or a WY Community College. The following information is required by each Applicant. This information can also be found at www.sheridancounty.com.
① A letter of application and introduction. Each Applicant must include:
- Your anticipated major and the name of the college you will be attending
- Last four (4) digits of Social Security Number: XXXX-XX-1234
- Telephone number
- Email and mailing address
- Awards received from school or outside organizations
- List participation in school activities or outside organizations
- How you have contributed toward saving for college expenses
② A sealed, official fall 2019 transcript showing a GPA of 2.5 or better and an ACT score which will be weighted equally. If you have taken college courses, please include that transcript as well.
③ A letter of recommendation (Example: Teacher, Coach, Employer; this should not be from a relative).
The application deadline is Friday, April 17, 2020 @ 5pm. Please address your application to:
The Board of County Commissioners Scholarship Application
224 S. Main Street, Suite B1
Sheridan, WY 82801
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. The Sheridan County Commissioners will announce their selections at the board meeting on May 19, 2020.