To safeguard the community and employees, the Sheridan County Courthouse will be closed to public access at 5:00 p.m. today until further notice. The court system will remain open with limited access. We encourage the public to utilize the mail, email, phone, or on-line services to conduct business.

Please visit the Elected Office, Court Systems, and Department Web Links listed below to find services that can be utilized by alternate methods rather than in person.

Sheridan County Clerk and Recorder 307-674-2500

Sheridan County Treasurer 307-674-2520

Sheridan County Assessor 307-674-2535

Sheridan County Clerk of District Court 307-674-2960

Sheridan County Clerk of District Court and Court System:

CLERK OF DISTRICT COURT – To the extent possible, we encourage child support payments, criminal fines, fees, and restitution payment to be done by mail. If this is not an option, in person transactions will be accepted Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 the Clerk of District Court Office by entering the Courthouse through the 3rd Floor Main Entry on South Main Street.

DISTRICT COURT – To the extent possible all hearings shall be conducted by video/telephone conferencing. If you have not already been contacted regarding instructions on how to participate from your legal counsel, the District Court Clerk’s office or District Court’s Judicial Assistance, please
contact the District Court’s Chambers at (307) 674-4478 for further information and instruction. If the call is not answered immediately, please leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible. Do not attend a District Court hearing in person without first being instructed to do so.

CIRCUIT COURT – The public should not come to Circuit Court but should call 307-674-2940 for information.
No in person payments will be accepted for court fines, assessment or restitution. Payments may be made on-line at or by mail.
All criminal processes are continuing through the Circuit Court with the only change being “in person” hearings. Defendants will either appear from the jail via video or by telephone. Anyone with a citation should call the Circuit Court Clerk.
Persons needing to file for Domestic Violence or Stalking Orders of protection, forms are available on the web at and/or contact the Advocacy and Resource Center at 307-672-7471 or the crisis line 307-672-3222. Please call the Circuit Court Clerk regarding filing those documents.

Look for this icon on each individual page for the most up-to date information.