Updates will be provided by the Board of County Commission Incident Management Team twice daily at 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. via media releases at sheridancounty.com.
The Board of County Commission Incident Management Team consists of the Sheridan County Health Officer, Sheridan County Public Health, and other community stakeholders.
Last night Governor Mark Gordon recommended all Wyoming Schools close immediately through at least April 3, 2020. As a result, all Sheridan County schools were closed immediately following Governor Gordon’s recommendation.
Sheridan County Health Officer, Dr. Ian Hunter, strongly urges parents to keep children home and not gather with friends. This includes avoiding playdates, sleepovers, and other activities where children and adults could potentially congregate.
A joint statement will be recorded and released with all Sheridan County schools and the Sheridan County Health Officer later this morning. The recorded statement will be uploaded to the Sheridan County website so it can be viewed by the community.
This situation remains fluid and is ever-changing. Communication with Sheridan County schools and municipalities will continue, and updates will be provided as they become available.
The public is encouraged to follow these guidelines outlined by the CDC and WDH:
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with those who are sick or may have been exposed.
- Stay home if sick (but if you are concerned it may be more than just a cold, please consult your physician).
- Avoid gatherings of 50 or more people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
The hospital has a Dedicated Coronavirus (COVID-19) Phone Number 307-672-1004.
This line is strictly for those who have the following symptoms and think they may be infected with the virus. The symptoms to watch for are:
- Shortness of Breath
Testing for COVID-19 is continuing locally, but available test kits are still limited.
We are asking that the public not overwhelm our healthcare professionals asking for tests if they are not at risk. For more information please contact Sheridan County Public Health, Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at 307-672-5169, and follow the voice prompts.
Local links are listed here:
Sheridan Memorial Hospital: https://www.sheridanhospital.org/
Sheridan VA: https://www.sheridan.va.gov/
Sheridan College: https://www.sheridan.edu/
Sheridan School District 1: https://www.sheridan.k12.wy.us/
Sheridan School District 2: https://scsd2.com/
Sheridan School District 3: https://www.sheridan3.com/
Below, are CDC and state links to information and precautions: