Updates will be provided by the Board of County Commission Incident Management Team twice daily at 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. via media releases at sheridancounty.com.
The Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) released guidelines for child care providers regarding COVID-19 following state orders closing public places and restrictions on gatherings of 10 or more people. The orders specified that child care facilities and providers were ordered closed, with the exception of those that provide child care services for “essential personnel.”
WDH recommends the following guidelines to child care providers who remain open during statewide closures resulting from the COVID-19 outbreak:
1. Children should be kept in small groups, with no more than 10 people (children and providers) in a single room or play area. There should be no large group activities. Appropriate social distancing should be practiced as much as possible within the facility for all staff and children.
2. Child care providers should implement enhanced sanitation and hygiene, including washing hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When soap and water is not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol volume. Use of hand sanitizer for children should be closely supervised to avoid ingestion.
3. Child care providers should engage in frequent and thorough cleaning on a daily basis, following all applicable regulations regarding cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting surfaces and other areas.
4. Child care facility staff should be monitored for symptoms, including fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Staff who have these symptoms or report feeling sick should stay home.
5. Parents and guardians should be instructed and required to keep children home if they are exhibiting any symptoms of fever, cough, or shortness of breath. If a child care provider observes symptoms in a child, the child should be sent home.
6. Child care providers should restrict visitors. No outside visitors or volunteers should be permitted on premises with the exception of staff that are essential to operations and any contracted providers who provide special education services.
7. Signs should be posted instructing and educating staff on routine measures for hygiene and mitigation of respiratory illness spread.
The Sheridan County IMT encourages local child care providers to view the full orders at https://health.wyo.gov/publichealth/infectious-disease-epidemiology-unit/disease/novel-coronavirus/covid-19-orders-and-guidance/.
More than 100 COVID-19 tests have been performed in Sheridan County with no new positive results. Forty-one (41) tests have been negative and the remaining tests are still pending. Test results can take up to 3-5 days.
The Sheridan Memorial Hospital has a Dedicated Coronavirus (COVID-19) Phone Number 307-672-1004. This line is strictly for those who are experiencing fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
Tests are being administered in a number of locations around town depending on how you are screened. The provider who orders your test will direct you to the appropriate testing location at the time of your screening.
For patients 12 and under, a separate testing location has been established. Parents can call 307-675-5555 to visit with a pediatric specialist and determine whether testing is needed.
The public is encouraged to follow these guidelines outlined by the CDC and WDH:
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with those who are sick or may have been exposed.
- Stay home if sick (but if you are concerned it may be more than just a cold, please consult your physician).
- Avoid gatherings of 10 or more people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
We are asking that the public not overwhelm our healthcare professionals asking for tests if they are not at risk. For more information please contact Sheridan County Public Health, Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at 307-672-5169, and follow the voice prompts.
Local links are listed here:
Sheridan Memorial Hospital: https://www.sheridanhospital.org/
Sheridan VA: https://www.sheridan.va.gov/
Sheridan College: https://www.sheridan.edu/
Sheridan School District 1: https://www.sheridan.k12.wy.us/
Sheridan School District 2: https://scsd2.com/
Sheridan School District 3: https://www.sheridan3.com/
Holy Name Catholic School: https://holynamesheridan.org/school
Martin Luther Grammar School: https://wyoschool.faith/
Below, are CDC and state links to information and precautions: