Updates will be provided by the Board of County Commission Incident Management Team twice daily at 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. via media releases at sheridancounty.com.
The Board of County Commission Incident Management Team consists of the Sheridan County Health Officer, Sheridan County Public Health, and other community stakeholders.
A joint statement was recorded and released with all Sheridan County schools and the Sheridan County Health Officer earlier this morning. A link to the recorded statement can be found on the county’s website or on the Sheridan County Travel and Tourism’s YouTube channel.
All Sheridan County schools are working to implement online and/or hybrid education programs. For further information, please visit each school’s link at the bottom of this release.
Testing for COVID-19 is continuing locally, but available test kits are still limited both locally and nationally. At this time, only ill patients who present with significant symptoms or who may require hospital admission will be tested. At this time, no new positive cases have been identified in Sheridan County.
The public is encouraged to follow these guidelines outlined by the CDC and WDH:
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with those who are sick or may have been exposed.
- Stay home if sick (but if you are concerned it may be more than just a cold, please consult your physician).
- Avoid gatherings of 50 or more people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
The hospital has a Dedicated Coronavirus (COVID-19) Phone Number 307-672-1004.
This line is strictly for those who have the following symptoms and think they may be infected with the virus. The symptoms to watch for are:
- Shortness of Breath
We are asking that the public not overwhelm our healthcare professionals asking for tests if they are not at risk. For more information please contact Sheridan County Public Health, Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at 307-672-5169, and follow the voice prompts.
Local links are listed here:
Sheridan Memorial Hospital: https://www.sheridanhospital.org/
Sheridan VA: https://www.sheridan.va.gov/
Sheridan College: https://www.sheridan.edu/
Sheridan School District 1: https://www.sheridan.k12.wy.us/
Sheridan School District 2: https://scsd2.com/
Sheridan School District 3: https://www.sheridan3.com/
Holy Name Catholic School: https://holynamesheridan.org/school
Martin Luther Grammar School: https://wyoschool.faith/
Below, are CDC and state links to information and precautions: