Updates will be provided by the Board of County Commission Incident Management Team twice daily at 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. via media releases at sheridancounty.com.
The Board of County Commission Incident Management Team consists of the Sheridan County Health Officer, Sheridan County Public Health, and other community stakeholders.
With county schools closed, Sheridan County Health Officer, Dr. Ian Hunter, strongly urges parents to keep children home and not gather with friends. This includes avoiding playdates, sleepovers, and other activities where children and adults could potentially congregate. Please do not regroup.
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider or the hospital’s Dedicated Coronavirus (COVID-19) Phone Number 307-672-1004.
Local government entities are still offering services and are working to limit personal interaction. Please see the specific entity’s website or social media platform for updates on how governmental services are offered in your area. If you do not have the ability to use online options, please call the entity before arriving to get the most up-to-date information.
The public is encouraged to follow these guidelines outlined by the CDC and WDH:
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with those who are sick or may have been exposed.
- Stay home if sick (but if you are concerned it may be more than just a cold, please consult your physician).
- Avoid gatherings of 50 or more people.
- Cancel gatherings of more than 10 people for organizations that serve higher-risk populations.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
We are asking that the public not overwhelm our healthcare professionals asking for tests if they are not at risk. For more information please contact Sheridan County Public Health, Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at 307-672-5169, and follow the voice prompts.
Local links are listed here:
Sheridan Memorial Hospital: https://www.sheridanhospital.org/
Sheridan VA: https://www.sheridan.va.gov/
Sheridan College: https://www.sheridan.edu/
Sheridan School District 1: https://www.sheridan.k12.wy.us/
Sheridan School District 2: https://scsd2.com/
Sheridan School District 3: https://www.sheridan3.com/
Holy Name Catholic School: https://holynamesheridan.org/school
Martin Luther Grammar School: https://wyoschool.faith/
Below, are CDC and state links to information and precautions: