Updates will be provided by the Board of County Commission Incident Management Team twice daily at 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. via media releases at sheridancounty.com.
The Board of County Commission Incident Management Team consists of the Sheridan County Health Officer, Sheridan County Public Health, and other community stakeholders.
The Sheridan Memorial Hospital has a Dedicated Coronavirus (COVID-19) Phone Number 307-672-1004. This line is strictly for those who have the following symptoms and think they may be infected with the virus. The symptoms to watch for are:
- Shortness of Breath
There remain four cases of the COVID-19 virus in Sheridan County. All four cases have been linked to one another. The four subjects have been isolated in their homes since last week and are monitored daily by Sheridan County Public Health. Any person, determined by Wyoming Department of Health (WDH), who has had close contact with the four subjects has been asked to self-isolate. Those subjects will also be monitored daily by Sheridan County Public Health.
All outpatients who are tested for the COVID-19 virus are required to self-isolate in their homes until negative test results are obtained. Test results may take up to 3-5 days for those who are at lower risk.
Sheridan VA providers have not encountered anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, however all VA medical facilities are implementing screening measures for signs of respiratory illness and exposure. Please note the following regarding medical campus access: Veterans with appointments should limit the amount of additional people with them unless they need assistance; no one under the age of 18 allowed, and no visitors except on a case by case basis.
The public is encouraged to follow these guidelines outlined by the CDC and WDH:
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with those who are sick or may have been exposed.
- Stay home if sick (but if you are concerned it may be more than just a cold, please consult your physician).
- Avoid gatherings of 50 or more people.
- Cancel gatherings of more than 10 people for organizations that serve higher-risk populations.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
We are asking that the public not overwhelm our healthcare professionals asking for tests if they are not at risk. For more information please contact Sheridan County Public Health, Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at 307-672-5169, and follow the voice prompts.
Local links are listed here:
Sheridan Memorial Hospital: https://www.sheridanhospital.org/
Sheridan VA: https://www.sheridan.va.gov/
Sheridan College: https://www.sheridan.edu/
Sheridan School District 1: https://www.sheridan.k12.wy.us/
Sheridan School District 2: https://scsd2.com/
Sheridan School District 3: https://www.sheridan3.com/
Holy Name Catholic School: https://holynamesheridan.org/school
Martin Luther Grammar School: https://wyoschool.faith/
Below, are CDC and state links to information and precautions: