Updates will be provided by the Board of County Commission Incident Management Team at 5:00 p.m. via media release at sheridancounty.com.
Sheridan County COVID-19
Negative Test Results-561 (Other tests pending)
The Sheridan County IMT would like to remind the public of Governor Gordon’s directive asking any individual coming to Wyoming from another state or country for a non-work-related purpose to immediately self-quarantine for 14 days. For visits fewer than 14 days, that individual must self-quarantine for the duration of the visit. The directive is intended to discourage out-of-state visitation during the pandemic and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Sheridan County Health Office, Dr. Ian Hunter, asks those that travel outside our community strongly consider Governor Gordon’s directive upon returning to the Sheridan area. This includes those that have returned to the Sheridan area from wintering (snowbirds) in other parts of the country.
Average incubation period for the novel coronavirus is 5 days, but can occur from 2-14 days.
Remember, someone may not develop symptoms for 14 days after contracting the virus.
Wyoming’s statewide orders are still in effect through April 30, 2020. To view the orders, please visit
The public is encouraged to follow these guidelines outlined by the CDC and WDH:
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with those who are sick or may have been exposed.
- Wear cloth face coverings when out in the public.
- Stay home if sick (but if you are concerned it may be more than just a cold, please consult your physician).
- Avoid gatherings of 10 or more people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.