Updates will be provided by the Board of County Commission Incident Management Team at 5:00 p.m. via media release at sheridancounty.com.
Sheridan County COVID-19
Negative Test Results-613 (Other tests pending)
Governor Mark Gordon held a press conference today advising the state will be releasing orders next week on lifting and easing some of the state health orders pertaining to COVID-19. Some orders may extend to May 15, 2020. According to Governor Gordon, counties may request variances based on metrics the state has released.
While the Sheridan County IMT has been planning for an ease into lighter restrictions, direction from the state level has only been in general terms. Once the IMT and County Health Officer Dr. Hunter know what the new orders entail, we can better address opportunities for variances based on the needs of Sheridan County.
The public is encouraged to follow these guidelines outlined by the CDC and WDH:
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with those who are sick or may have been exposed.
- Wear cloth face coverings when out in the public.
- Stay home if sick (but if you are concerned it may be more than just a cold, please consult your physician).
- Avoid gatherings of 10 or more people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.