As travel increases throughout the summer, we expect to see more positive cases come into the community. Please continue to be vigilant and practice all appropriate hygiene and distancing recommendations. Your hard work protects you, your family, and your community.
The public is encouraged to follow these guidelines outlined by the CDC and WDH:
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with those who are sick or may have been exposed.
- Wear cloth face coverings when out in the public.
- Stay home if sick (but if you are concerned it may be more than just a cold, please consult your physician).
- Avoid gatherings of 10 or more people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Sheridan County Residents:
Lab Confirmed Positive: 16
- New case reported 6/25. No identifiable origin. No history of travel. At least 15 contacts going under quarantine orders. Investigation ongoing.
Non Sheridan County Residents tested in Sheridan:
Lab Confirmed Positive: 9
- The two active positives are from out of state and are returning to their place of residence. The investigation into possible contacts has been concluded and all relevant parties contacted.