March 16, 2020
Sheridan County Public Library System Closed
Sheridan, Wyoming. – The Sheridan County Public Library System will be closed as of 5:00 p.m. on Monday March 16, 2020 and last through Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
Based on the latest information provided by health officials, and on the recommendation of the Sheridan County Commissioners, the Library Board of Trustees met at noon today to make this difficult decision. The goal is to ensure the safety of the public during the COVID-19 pandemic, and to ensure we are complying with recommendations limiting the gathering of large groups of individuals, especially after schools shut down over the next 3 weeks.
All library events and programs are cancelled during this time, including access to all meeting rooms. No library services will be offered at the branches in Clearmont, Story, and Tongue River. Fulmer Library will be offering the following limited services:
- Pickup of hold items from 10:00-11:00 a.m. and 3:00-4:00 pm (Monday through Friday). No browsing of titles on the shelves, but if you have an idea of what you want to check out, staff will pull the titles and meet you at the front door for pickup. Submitting titles via the following methods:
- Library catalog (www.sheridanwyolibrary.org)
- Phone (307-674-8585) and select “1” to speak to staff or to leave a message
- Email (email@example.com)
- Answering reference questions via telephone (307-674-8585 ext. 115) which should be available between 10 am and 4 pm on Monday through Friday.
to electronic resources at home
- E-books, e-audiobooks, digital magazines, online research, and streaming video.
- Library Card number and PIN required to access materials. If you need assistance, please call the library at 307-674-8585
- Go to www.sheridanwyolibrary.org and click on the Online Resources link under either the “FIND” or “CONNECT” tab
- Wyoming State Library offers some additional resources at www.gowyld.net
This was not an easy decision for the Library Board of Trustees and we thank you advance for your patience and understanding at this time.
For more information about this news release, contact Cameron Duff at 307- 674-8585 ext. 112