The County Clerk’s office processes, files and indexes papers pursuant to state law and local ordinance, maintains permanent records of all filed and recorded real property documents, records and subdivision maps. The County Clerk also serves as registrar of marriages.
The office alse Serves as Registrar of Voters with responsibility for maintaining the files of registered voters in the county, for conducting all statewide and countywide elections. The office maintains information on office holders and candidates as required by the Fair Political Practice Commission.
In addition, the County Clerk is responsible for the following:
- Land Records – maintains permanent records of all filed and recorded real property documents by metes and bounds. Link to Statement of Consideration form at http://taxappeals.state.wy.us/FinalDraft.pdf.
- eRecording – Effective May 1, 2017 land records will be accepted electronically. To get started you will need to contact one of the vendors listed below. For our policy and procedures on eRecording please click here.
- Simplifile at 800-460-5657
- Indecomm Global Services at 877-272-5250
- CSC – Corporate Services Company at 866-652-0111
- ePN – eRecording Partners Network at 888-325-3365
- Liquor Licenses –
- Notary Public – For new or renewal Notary applications, please visit the Notary Division of the Wyoming Secretary of State’s website – http://soswy.state.wy.us. Once the application has been processed, you may file your bond with the certificate in the Clerk’s office.
- Mobile Notary Services in Sheridan County
- Titles – Motor vehicles, motorcycles, ATV’s, trailers, snow machines, boats, and mobile homes
- Transfer of ownership
- Duplicate titles
- VIN/HIN Inspections
- Uniform Commercial Code –
- Perfection of security interest
- Release of security interests
- Amend and continue security interests
- Index and file all federal state and city liens
To obtain a copy of a birth certificate, death certificate, marriage license or divorce decree, please contact the Wyoming Department of Health in Cheyenne, Wyoming at 307-777-7591 or http://www.health.wyo.gov/rfhd/vital_records/index.html. Copies of marriage licenses may also be obtained by submitting a written request to the Sheridan County Clerk.