28% of Wyoming Households Have Responded to the 2020 Census
Self-Respond TODAY online, by phone or by mail
Cheyenne, WY – As of last night, 28.1% of Wyoming households have self-responded to the 2020 Census. The national self-response rate is 36.2%, our neighbors to the north in Montana are at 29.3% self-response, which puts Wyoming within reach of beating Montana.
It has never been easier to respond to the 2020 Census on your own, whether online, by phone, or by mail – all without having to meet a census taker. We encourage all Wyoming residents to self-respond as soon as possible and help Wyoming beat Montana in self-response and become one of the top self-response states in the country! Go to 2020census.gov or call 1-844-330-2020 and cross it off your list today.
Top 10 Wyoming Counties Self-Response Rates (as of March 31, 2020)
- Johnson County, 41.2%
- Laramie County, 38.3%
- Washakie County, 37.5%
- Albany County, 36.3%
- Goshen County, 36.1%
- Park County, 35.4%
- Sweetwater County, 33.7%
- Natrona County, 32.7%
- Sheridan County, 31.9%
- * Platte County, Hot Springs County – tied, 31.7 %
Top 5 Wyoming Cities Self-Response Rates (as of March 31, 2020)
- Buffalo, 50.5%
- Torrington, 44.9%
- Wheatland, 43.4%
- Green River, 43.1%
- Cheyenne, 41.2%
Check out this MAP to track response rates.
ABOUT THE 2020 CENSUS
- The 2020 Census is a short questionnaire that asks about who lives in your household as of April 1, 2020.
- The 2020 Census requires counting a diverse and growing population in the United States and the five U.S. territories.
- The 2020 Census is important because it will determine how billions of dollars in federal funding are distributed, and will provide data that will impact communities for the next decade.
- Responding to the 2020 Census is safe and secure. Individual responses are confidential and protected by law.